About the Artist
Following a long career as a graphic artist and designer, Margery Jennings turned to full-time fine art in 2007. She is a member of:
- The “Newburyport Ten” Plein Air Painters
- The Newburyport (Mass.) Art Association
- The Greater Haverhill Arts Association
- New Hampshire Plein Air Painters
A lifelong resident of New England, Margery Jennings was raised in a rural area in northwest Connecticut. Since the 1970s she has lived in the seacoast area of New Hampshire, Massachusetts and southern Maine.
Packing her gear wherever she travels, Margery has also painted throughout the United States and in the United Kingdom, the Bahamas and Europe. Over the years she has studied with J. C. Airoldi, Don Demers, Donald Jurney, and Alan Ammann.
Alicia Savage of Melrose Arts fired some polite questions in my direction in the spring of 2013 as a prelude to the Melrose Arts Festival, Melrose, MA. As she went to the trouble of publishing my ramblings, I submit them here for the morbidly curious. I have substituted a few images of paintings that are among my favorites, although not available for sale.
- Best in Show, 2018 Winter Members’ Juried Show, Newburyport Art Association, Donald Jurney and Todd Bonita, Jurors.
- Best Oil, 2018 Winter Members’ Juried Show, Newburyport Art Association, Donald Jurney and Todd Bonita, Jurors.
- First Honorable Mention, Laumeister Fine Art Competition; Albert Handell, Juror, 2009
- Third Place, South Portland Art in the Park, 2013
- Second Place, Oils and Acrylics: New Milford [CT] Outdoor Art Festival 2009
- Third Place, Beacon Hill Art Walk 2008, Boston, MA
- 2007 Members Annual Fall Juried Show, Newburyport Art Association. Honorable Mention, Oils.
Exhibitions & Events
- The Crane Estate Invitational Art Show and Sale, Ipswich, MA, November, 2009-2017
- Dual show with Cynthia Cooper, Newburyport Art Association, October 2012
- Lowell's Boat Shop Museum Holiday Invitational Art Show, Amesbury, MA, November 2007-2013
- Beacon Hill Art Walk juried event, June, 2008 and 2009, Boston, MA
- New Milford, Connecticut, Art on the Green juried show 2008-2013
- Regional Juried Show, Newburyport Art Association, Spring 2008-2011, 2013
- The Newburyport Ten Plein Air Painters, Newburyport Art Association, 2008-2011, 2013-2014
- Solo Show, The Provident Bank’s Lobby for the Arts, Amesbury, MA, December 2008-January, 2009
- "Wings" Program, NAA in coordination with Chase & Lunt Insurance, solo exhibit, Newburport, MA, September-October, 2008